Software is never as stable as you wish it to be. So even on small computers like your PalmOS-based PDA, you may encounter crashes. These are not in blue, but equally annoying message boxes with information like "Fatal Exception", "DataMgr.c, Line 123, Null handle" and so on. Depending on how many 3rd party software you install or how many beta versions and experimental software you use, you may see crashes quite a lot. But rest assured, Crash will help you.
Not only does a crash interrupt your work and potentially erases your last input, you may also encounter the following problems:
- Often the on-screen reset-button does not work. This means that you need to unscrew your stylus for a reset pin or, with some devices, that you need to look for a reset pin in the form of a paperclip. Additionally, to use the reset pin, you will have to have access to the back of your device which may be quite a hassle if your PDA is in a case.
- A crash can happen while you are away from the PDA. Like some software is doing house-keeping at 3am and crashes. Nobody will be there to reset the device or to turn it off and your battery will slowly drain until all of your data is gone.
- You will be frustrated because of the crash.
But here "Crash" comes to help, solving all of the above problems. Unfortunately we can not prevent the crash, but we can make your life so much easier:
- You do not need a reset pin or paper clip to reset your device, Crash will do this work for you - automatically. No more battery draining if a crash happens while you are away. No more frantic searches for a reset pin. No more the need to remove your PDA from its case.
- Crash will display an image during the crash, making it look less frightening and hopefully will induce less stress.